Can Winter End Already?

6:38 PM

That little fucker came out of the ground today and said:

"SURPRISE BITCHES! MORE WINTER!"

Why are we trusting a groundhog for these things? I mean, really.

But, I have time-off on the horizon in the warrrrrm desert air, and I am ready to blow this joint.

And maybe never come back.

Ok, I retract that last statement.

I'll come back when it's summer here.

Normally, after working 80 hour weeks during the blessed Call Report, I am perfectly fine with staying home, sitting on my couch, and eating snacks with my babes.

But lately, it just seems like we have been doing that for an eternity now. Can we go outside yet??

Can we feel the heat of the sun on our faces?

Can we let Winston frolic in the grass at the dog park?

NO.

No, we can't. And it seems like the end will never come.

I can compare it to the smallest CBabe's sense of time.

She has been counting down the days to Valentine's Day, because she has her eye on a giant pink/red stuffed unicorn with hearts on it. Literally, DYING to have her hands on it. Every damn day this kid asks.

Colton picked her up for school. Of course, she asked about it. Being beaten down by her question-master nature he said, "We'll have to ask your Mom."

They asked me. I said, 'WE'RE WAITING UNTIL V-DAY. MAYBE. IF YOU'RE GOOD."

Caydence said, "How many days is that?"

Colton: "It's like 15 days."

Caydence. "UHHHHHH! Isn't that like, summer!?!?"

That's how I feel about actually waiting for summer as an adult.

Is it over yet?

-Stef


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images