so i watched IT

11:01 PM

And when I say IT, I mean The Movie: IT. A theatrical retelling of Stephen King's: IT.

**Warning: There are some spoilers ahead.**



I saw IT the day that it came out. Because I'm a hardcore horror movie fan like that. So here we are. I've read a few reviews of the movie, and I don't feel like they really do IT justice, because obviously, everyone that has reviewed the movie probably hasn't read the book. I mean....it's over 1000 pages, so, it takes more than a little dedication.

Yeah...I'm about to be one of those people. But probably not in the way that you think.

Before we begin:

If you have a hard time with "scary movies" - don't watch it.
If you have an irrational fear of clowns - don't watch it.
If you are sensitive to child brutality - definitely don't watch it.

...Because you probably won't come out of the theater the same. But, if your'e like me, and you're a sucker for some really gory fucked-up shit. Please proceed.

I finished the book back in June, in anticipation of the movie coming out this fall. It was a labor of love, like I have described before. The book is extremely detailed, as most books are. So as books that are turned into movies go, I went in with the assumption that it wasn't going to meet my expectations, because that's just the way that it is.

No one can really play to any individual's imagination.

So, I absolutely expected inconsistencies from the book to the movie, and there absolutely were some. But, despite that, I loved it. The most intense, and frightening moments in the book are accurately depicted in the movie.

Especially the first 15 minutes.

I think the most epic and memorable scene in the book/movie is when Georgie meets Pennywise. Georgie is the picture of innocence, and they do a great job of playing that out in the movie. So as you watch Georgie chase his paper ship down Jackson Street, you know that this sweet little boy is about to meet his end, and it hurts. It really does.

I was actually worried that they weren't going to show the brutality of how that scene ends, but they do, it all of it's bloody horrific glory.

I fucking loved it.

I will watch it again. Despite the fact that they messed up how Ben first sees Pennywise - which I think is one of the scarier and intense versions of the shape-shifting-clown.

I mean, there are things that aren't quite the same, but I'm not going to get hung up on it because they did such a great job on the plot themes that were most important.

So, even if you have problem with the things that I meantioned  at the beginnging of this post, you should go and see it. You should see one of the most iconic movies of our time by one of the most iconic writers of our time.

And at the end of the day, the world we live in is much darker than any movie that you would watch. So what do you have to lose? The horrors of the world are waiting at your doorstep anyway.

-Stef

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images